I spend a LOT of time at my computer. I’d like to say I spend the same amount of time in my office…but that’s just a lie. Depending on the day, my mood, or whatever book or project I’m working on, I move around the house often. Always trying to find that spot of writing zen!
This week, however, I’ve managed to stay in the office at my desk. And, since it’s rarely ever this neat, I thought I’d catalogue this moment for Future Me to see what it’s like to have a neat place to write!
Things to note:
- My cork board doesn’t have anything else on it because it was DRIVING ME CRAZY! For a while it was covered in story and plot ideas for various stories…then I couldn’t take it and cleared it off. I’m sure it’ll fill up soon with my third Intrigue book underway. (Also, yes, I know it’s slightly warped! I’ve had it since high school!)
- That lovely cat calendar was given to me as a Christmas present and is not always that pink!
- You might spy my Big Trouble in Little China’s Jack Burton figure in his box still…and that’s because I love it so much I’m afraid it’ll get damaged if I take it out! We’ll see how long that lasts. (My wonderful Tyler surprised me with this gift as a pre-wedding surprise!)
- That colorful planner? Yeah that’s Holli Anne’s Christmas gift to me! It’s an ABM exclusive!
- I also was recently given a physical copy of The Rook by Daniel O’Malley by another bestie (thanks, Rachel!) so I could re-read one of my favorite books! Occasionally this week I’ve sidetracked to it…which probably isn’t a good thing for my work flow!
- Is that a mustache bank? Yes, yes it is. Again, I was blessed with besties who know how to reach my heart. This is a nod to you, Virginia!
- Last thing I’ll point out with love is the line of Polaroid above the board. I bought two packs of film for a camera I’ve had for years and took pictures at my recent bachelorette party! I want to eventually put them in a photo album but for now I’m happy where they are!
Where are YOU working this Wednesday?
(Quick, shameless plug! If you’d like a personalized video of me thanking you/talking about my book MANHUNT, check this out!)